Infrared thermometers do everything from verifying the temperature in your AC system in the car or home to helping electricians to find an overcharge in electrical systems. Recent advances in optics make this technology more accurate and cost-effective. Aim the IR Thermometer PRO at the target, press a button, and read the temperature display. The device has an optical lens that collects the radiated infrared energy from the object and focuses it on the detector. The detector then converts the energy into an electrical signal that's amplified and displayed as a temperature reading. An infrared thermometer measures temperature by sensing the magnitude of radiated energy at infrared frequencies. Using this data and the actual temperature of the detector, the thermometer calculates the temperature of the surface that emitted the energy.
- S.O.C. (System-On-Chip) Technology Complete IR design incorporated on a single chip, creating compact and lightweight design
- Innovative optical lens high accuracy measurements over wide temperature ranges. 10:1 distance to spot (D:S) ratio
- Measurement Range: -58?F to +932?F (-50?C to +500?C)
- Automatic data hold
- Laser pointer simply point at desired target and press the trigger for temperature reading
- Backlit LCD displays both Farhenheit or Celcius