Phantoms. Gremlins. Glitches. Ghosts in the Machine. We all have names for them; those hard-to-find problems that seem to randomly appear, then disappear. The new inGEN® Diagnostic Data Recorder from Midtronics will help you locate and identify electrical system problems once and for all. After installation in your customer’s vehicle, it becomes a continuous diagnostic monitoring tool that captures and records all electrical system activity; even intermittent errors. You can then analyze the data and quickly locate, diagnose, and correct the problem; eliminating frustrating guesswork and customer returns.
- The inGEN Diagnostic Data Recorder is installed in the vehicle to provide in-line testing and recording of voltage, amps, and temperature for advanced troubleshooting of simple and complex electrical problems
- The inGEN Diagnostic Data Recorder has a variety of installation configuration options to monitor a variety of vehicle systems and system functions
- Uses a common data card for transferring or storing data
- User-defined events for identifying possible faults using Boolean functions
- Continuously samples at 50 millisecond intervals in full power mode
- When trigger is engaged, data is flushed to the data card
- Gives user the ability to record voltage and current from 20 milliAmps to 350 Amps
- Included inGEN Diagnostic Analysis software package for data analysis and diagnostics
- Data card stores data as set-up in the inGEN Diagnostic Analysis Software Test triggers can be set by time, event, power level, or any number or combination of other variables
- Auxiliary Voltage Cable connections can be used to monitor specific current channels
- Multiple operation modes help you collect the right information at the right time, without removing excess power from the vehicle battery
- IDR-10, 4 color-coded auxiliary voltage harness kit
- Auxiliary current harness kit
- Main battery + cable
- DAS software
- USB data card reader
- Data Card
- Under Hood Installation Case
- Carrying Case
Current Consumption (approximate):
- FULL POWER MODE: 150 mA
- LOW POWER MODE: 20 mA (with auxiliary current disabled)
- DEEP SLEEP MODE: less than 5 mA
- Main: -350 A to 350 A, 0 A to 7.5 A*, +/- 20 mA, 100 A to 350 A*, +/- 1 A
- Charge and discharge current
- Aux: -30 to 30 A max (fused), +/- 40 mA, connected in line with vehicle fuse
- Main: 9 to 16 Vdc, +/- 20 mV
- Aux 1: On / off with settable threshold (triggerable)
- Aux 2: On / off with settable threshold
- Aux 3: On / off with settable threshold
- Aux 4: On / off with settable threshold
- Located in DDR housing to approximate battery temperature.
- Measurement range: -4F to 158F (-20C to 70C)
Operating Voltage: 7 to 16 Vdc
- Display: 2-line, 16-Character LCD Display. Updates every 2 seconds with live data
- Length: 9 (22.86 cm)
- Width:875 (9.84 cm)
- Height:5 (3.81 cm)
- Weight:6 lb (703 g)
- Operating Temperature: -4F to 158F / -20C to 70C
Data Recording Specifications
- Full Power Mode: Data is sampled at 50 ms, updates to data card a 30 second average of 50 ms samples every 30 seconds.
- Low Power Mode: Data is recorded every 30 seconds. Check for current and voltage triggers every 1 second.
- Deep Sleep Mode: Data is recorded every 5 minutes. Check for current and voltage triggers every minute.
- Triggerable: In Full Power mode: Store 60 seconds of data centered on the trigger event at 50 ms intervals. In other modes: Store 60 seconds of data after the trigger event. Triggers are set in DAS PC software and loaded into DDR with data card prior to installation in vehicle.
- Triggerable Channels: Main Current Measurement Aux Voltage Channel 1
Warning: California's Prop 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
JB Tools Customer Satisfaction Statement: Although JB tools is not an “authorized” re-seller of all the products it sells, JB Tools stands behind all of the products it sells, and offers its customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. To ensure customer satisfaction, JB Tools is committed to and strictly complies with its return policy, and offers replacement products to its customers subject to product availability, or a full refund (less return shipping costs), at the customer’s option. Because JB Tools is an independent re-seller, JB Tools is able to offer the products it sells at the most competitive prices, resulting in substantial cost-savings passed directly to JB Tools’ customers. JB Tools prides itself in being a trusted, internet-based retailer that its customers can rely on for quality products at reasonable prices. JB Tools’ commitment to customer satisfaction is unparalleled, which is why JB Tools offers its customers a best-in-class warranty program to all of its customers on all products sold by JB Tools. In the event a JB Tools customer believes that a product purchased from JB Tools has a defective condition and/or malfunctioning issue, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured JB Tools will work with its customers to ensure issues are resolved in accordance with JB Tools’ Warranty Program, which you can access by clicking here.
Disclaimer: JB Tools holds itself out as neither the manufacturer, an affiliate of the manufacturer, or an “authorized” distributor of this product. By purchasing this product from JB Tools, purchasers may not be guaranteed any manufacturer-provided services offered by the manufacturer of this product (including any training or technical support that may otherwise be available). Further, by purchasing this product from JB Tools, the manufacturers’ warranty, if any, potentially associated with the product may not be honored by the manufacturer. JB Tools provides this disclaimer to ensure there is no likelihood of confusion unduly influencing your decision to purchase this, or any other, product from JB Tools, and to ensure there is no confusion as to the existence of any affiliation between JB Tools and the manufacturer of this product. However, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured that JB Tools stands behind its Warranty Program 100% of the time. Furthermore, in connection with JB Tools’ satisfaction guarantee, JB Tools matches the price and/or any promotion associated with its products.