Phantoms. Gremlins. Glitches. Ghosts in the Machine. We all have names for them; those hard-to-find problems that seem to randomly appear, then disappear. The new inGEN® Diagnostic Data Recorder from Midtronics will help you locate and identify electrical system problems once and for all. After installation in your customer’s vehicle, it becomes a continuous diagnostic monitoring tool that captures and records all electrical system activity; even intermittent errors. You can then analyze the data and quickly locate, diagnose, and correct the problem; eliminating frustrating guesswork and customer returns.
- The inGEN Diagnostic Data Recorder is installed in the vehicle to provide in-line testing and recording of voltage, amps, and temperature for advanced troubleshooting of simple and complex electrical problems
- The inGEN Diagnostic Data Recorder has a variety of installation configuration options to monitor a variety of vehicle systems and system functions
- Uses a common data card for transferring or storing data
- User-defined events for identifying possible faults using Boolean functions
- Continuously samples at 50 millisecond intervals in full power mode
- When trigger is engaged, data is flushed to the data card
- Gives user the ability to record voltage and current from 20 milliAmps to 350 Amps
- Included inGEN Diagnostic Analysis software package for data analysis and diagnostics
- Data card stores data as set-up in the inGEN Diagnostic Analysis Software Test triggers can be set by time, event, power level, or any number or combination of other variables
- Auxiliary Voltage Cable connections can be used to monitor specific current channels
- Multiple operation modes help you collect the right information at the right time, without removing excess power from the vehicle battery
- IDR-10, 4 color-coded auxiliary voltage harness kit
- Auxiliary current harness kit
- Main battery + cable
- DAS software
- USB data card reader
- Data Card
- Under Hood Installation Case
- Carrying Case
Current Consumption (approximate):
- FULL POWER MODE: 150 mA
- LOW POWER MODE: 20 mA (with auxiliary current disabled)
- DEEP SLEEP MODE: less than 5 mA
- Main: -350 A to 350 A, 0 A to 7.5 A*, +/- 20 mA, 100 A to 350 A*, +/- 1 A
- Charge and discharge current
- Aux: -30 to 30 A max (fused), +/- 40 mA, connected in line with vehicle fuse
- Main: 9 to 16 Vdc, +/- 20 mV
- Aux 1: On / off with settable threshold (triggerable)
- Aux 2: On / off with settable threshold
- Aux 3: On / off with settable threshold
- Aux 4: On / off with settable threshold
- Located in DDR housing to approximate battery temperature.
- Measurement range: -4F to 158F (-20C to 70C)
Operating Voltage: 7 to 16 Vdc
- Display: 2-line, 16-Character LCD Display. Updates every 2 seconds with live data
- Length: 9 (22.86 cm)
- Width:875 (9.84 cm)
- Height:5 (3.81 cm)
- Weight:6 lb (703 g)
- Operating Temperature: -4F to 158F / -20C to 70C
Data Recording Specifications
- Full Power Mode: Data is sampled at 50 ms, updates to data card a 30 second average of 50 ms samples every 30 seconds.
- Low Power Mode: Data is recorded every 30 seconds. Check for current and voltage triggers every 1 second.
- Deep Sleep Mode: Data is recorded every 5 minutes. Check for current and voltage triggers every minute.
- Triggerable: In Full Power mode: Store 60 seconds of data centered on the trigger event at 50 ms intervals. In other modes: Store 60 seconds of data after the trigger event. Triggers are set in DAS PC software and loaded into DDR with data card prior to installation in vehicle.
- Triggerable Channels: Main Current Measurement Aux Voltage Channel 1