The TA500's unique and proprietary technology allows the user to perform quick and reliable diagnostics of non-starts, misfires, fouled up or damaged spark plugs and/or spark plug wires, by comparing digital read-outs of the spark plug voltage and spark burn time between cylinders on engines using Coil on Plug, Coil near Plug, conventional distributor/ignition coil, DIS (Distributor-less) or waste spark and magneto technologies.
- Simple to use, the TA500 requires no special adapters, cables or a scope and is equipped with a large digital display that shows spark plug voltage, spark burn time, RPM, as well as Min/Max readings in real time.
- Multisystem ignition analyzer
- Measures spark plug voltage from 0 to 50000 Volt
- Measures spark burn time from 0 to 10 ms
- Special antenna sensor allows quick testing of Coil on Plug and Coil near Plug modules, and easy hook-up to spark plug and ignition coil wires
- No ground wire connections required, for fast troubleshooting
- Multiple diagnostic applications are described in comprehensive User's Handbook (Included)
- Tachometer function
- For 1 to 12 cylinders and 2, 4 cycles with special DIS (Distributor-less or waste spark) mode.
- Measures from 200 to 20000 RPM on a 4-1/2 digits LCD display
- Advanced microcontroller technology yields 0.5 % accuracy
- Works on Coil on plug, Coil near Plug, DIS (Distributorless or waste spark), Conventional, Magneto and other spark ignition system.
- Display: Large 4-1/2 Digits LCD + 2 x 3-1/2 + 0 Digits secondary displays (for Maximum, Minimum and other functions)
- Tachometer Range: 200 to 19999 RPM
- Cycles: 2 and 4 Cycles, and DIS
- Tachometer accuracy: 0.5% + 1 LSB
- Response time: 0.3 Seconds
- Ignition peak voltage range: 0 to 49.9 KVolt
- Probe: 12" (30 cm) flexible probe with capacitive pick-up
- Secondary ignition pick up: Capacitive sensor
- Spark Ignition System: Coil on Plug, Coil near Plug, Distributor, Magneto and D.I.S.(Distributor-less or waste spark ignition system)
- Power Source: One standard 9 Volt alkaline battery type NEDA 1604 IEC 6F 22
- Battery life: Approx. 20 hours of operation
- Power Saving: Auto power off after approximately 3 min. of inactivity
- Physical dimensions : 6.1" (H) x 4" (W)x 1.5" (D) (155 x 102 X 38 mm) - including holster but excluding antenna
- Weight: Approximately 12.4 Oz ( 355 g) Including battery
- Electrical Specifications
- Maximum spark plug wire voltage (Through capacitive pickup only): 49.9 KVolt
Warning: California's Prop 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
JB Tools Customer Satisfaction Statement: Although JB tools is not an “authorized” re-seller of all the products it sells, JB Tools stands behind all of the products it sells, and offers its customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. To ensure customer satisfaction, JB Tools is committed to and strictly complies with its return policy, and offers replacement products to its customers subject to product availability, or a full refund (less return shipping costs), at the customer’s option. Because JB Tools is an independent re-seller, JB Tools is able to offer the products it sells at the most competitive prices, resulting in substantial cost-savings passed directly to JB Tools’ customers. JB Tools prides itself in being a trusted, internet-based retailer that its customers can rely on for quality products at reasonable prices. JB Tools’ commitment to customer satisfaction is unparalleled, which is why JB Tools offers its customers a best-in-class warranty program to all of its customers on all products sold by JB Tools. In the event a JB Tools customer believes that a product purchased from JB Tools has a defective condition and/or malfunctioning issue, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured JB Tools will work with its customers to ensure issues are resolved in accordance with JB Tools’ Warranty Program, which you can access by clicking here.
Disclaimer: JB Tools holds itself out as neither the manufacturer, an affiliate of the manufacturer, or an “authorized” distributor of this product. By purchasing this product from JB Tools, purchasers may not be guaranteed any manufacturer-provided services offered by the manufacturer of this product (including any training or technical support that may otherwise be available). Further, by purchasing this product from JB Tools, the manufacturers’ warranty, if any, potentially associated with the product may not be honored by the manufacturer. JB Tools provides this disclaimer to ensure there is no likelihood of confusion unduly influencing your decision to purchase this, or any other, product from JB Tools, and to ensure there is no confusion as to the existence of any affiliation between JB Tools and the manufacturer of this product. However, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured that JB Tools stands behind its Warranty Program 100% of the time. Furthermore, in connection with JB Tools’ satisfaction guarantee, JB Tools matches the price and/or any promotion associated with its products.