The DSS-5000 HD is designed specifically for Heavy-Duty Commercial Truck and Fleet applications. This next generation tool from Midtronics includes a load to improve accuracy compared to older tools.
Offering 12- and 24-volt battery pack, starter, and alternator diagnostics, this tool supports RP 129, a Technology & Maintenance Council Recommended Practice for electrical system diagnostics. Pre-programmed service apps include test flows compliant with RP 129, pack test, and cable drop testing procedures. This makes testing more intuitive and less prone to error.
- Includes proprietary Midtronics Conductance Profiling™ technology that loads the battery to identify batteries with poor reserve capacity that may start the vehicle, but could fail to support vehicle accessories
- Saves testing time by allowing user to test the battery pack while still assembled in the vehicle. If the pack looks questionable, then the tester will prompt the user to disconnect the pack to test each battery individually
- Print test results on a networked printer via built-in Wi-Fi
- Includes multimeter cable for cable drop testing
- 3-meter (9.84’) field-replaceable heavy-duty test leads
- Optional amp clamp and integrated printer available (see model options below)
- Durable three-piece design includes a detachable controller with 5-inch full-color touchscreen display, tester pod, and charging dock
- Accessories: A401 10-pack Printer Paper Rolls, A657 Amp Clamp, A658 USB Cable type A to Micro
Advanced System Diagnostics:
- Conductance Profiling™ loads the battery and delivers enhanced diagnostics, providing significantly fewer ’Charge & Retest’ decisions, as well as battery reserve capacity warnings
- Supports conventional lead acid, EFB, AGM, and Pure Lead batteries
- Service apps promote quick, error-free testing
- Full-color touchscreen on removable controller provides easy system navigation, detailed reference information and test results
- On-tool Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities support flexible networking capabilities
Analytics and Communication:
- Capture and review battery testing data
- Better manage and track warranty information
- Gain visibility into process compliance
- E-mail diagnostic results
- Wireless Communications: Class 2 Bluetooth
- Wi-Fi Communications:2.4 Ghz 802.11 b, g, n
- Group 31
- Commercial 4D / 8D
- Pure Lead
Supported Batteries / Electrical System:
- Flooded Lead Acid
- Enhanced flooded (EFB)
- Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Spiral and Gel
- NorthStar and Odyssey Pure Lead
- 12- and 24-volt charging systems
Includes Tester and Charging Dock
Includes controller, tester pod, and charging/storage dock, 3m (9.8 ft.) battery test cables, DMM cables for cable voltage drop testing, amp clamp, AC power adapter/charger, and lead stud adapters.
DSS-5000P HD KIT
Adds an integrated printer to the DSS-5000HD Kit
Includes DSS-5000 HD DSS-5000 HD KIT DSS-5000P HD KIT Tester and Charging Dock X X X Amp Clamp X X Integrated Printer X Price $1,686 $1,954 $2,019 Product Image
Warning: California's Prop 65
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
JB Tools Customer Satisfaction Statement: Although JB tools is not an “authorized” re-seller of all the products it sells, JB Tools stands behind all of the products it sells, and offers its customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. To ensure customer satisfaction, JB Tools is committed to and strictly complies with its return policy, and offers replacement products to its customers subject to product availability, or a full refund (less return shipping costs), at the customer’s option. Because JB Tools is an independent re-seller, JB Tools is able to offer the products it sells at the most competitive prices, resulting in substantial cost-savings passed directly to JB Tools’ customers. JB Tools prides itself in being a trusted, internet-based retailer that its customers can rely on for quality products at reasonable prices. JB Tools’ commitment to customer satisfaction is unparalleled, which is why JB Tools offers its customers a best-in-class warranty program to all of its customers on all products sold by JB Tools. In the event a JB Tools customer believes that a product purchased from JB Tools has a defective condition and/or malfunctioning issue, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured JB Tools will work with its customers to ensure issues are resolved in accordance with JB Tools’ Warranty Program, which you can access by clicking here.
Disclaimer: JB Tools holds itself out as neither the manufacturer, an affiliate of the manufacturer, or an “authorized” distributor of this product. By purchasing this product from JB Tools, purchasers may not be guaranteed any manufacturer-provided services offered by the manufacturer of this product (including any training or technical support that may otherwise be available). Further, by purchasing this product from JB Tools, the manufacturers’ warranty, if any, potentially associated with the product may not be honored by the manufacturer. JB Tools provides this disclaimer to ensure there is no likelihood of confusion unduly influencing your decision to purchase this, or any other, product from JB Tools, and to ensure there is no confusion as to the existence of any affiliation between JB Tools and the manufacturer of this product. However, JB Tools’ customers can rest assured that JB Tools stands behind its Warranty Program 100% of the time. Furthermore, in connection with JB Tools’ satisfaction guarantee, JB Tools matches the price and/or any promotion associated with its products.