OEM specified. This sealant withstands the harsh detergents and friction modifiers found in AT fluid. Developed with US automotive OEMs and complies with extended warranty requirements. It resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Benefits include improved transmission oil resistance, good adhesion while retaining flexibility, sensor-safe, noncorrosive and can be used as a gasket maker or dressing. Nonflammable, nontoxic, low odor. Suggested Applications: Automatic transmission pans, case halves, inside covers.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16" to 1/4" (2 to 6 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to cure for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- For best results, allow to cure overnight.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth or Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with non-flammable cleaning fluid.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.